Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Change of Perspective



I have been self employed for over a year now and I have learned much about self discipline, self motivation, and self empowerment. Having gone from being part of a large team to working solo; the transition has taken me time to adjust. For as long as I can remember, the idea of waking up everyday and going to work for me, spiraled in my mind. And now here I am doing what I do as I wished for. I am very happy! Now looking back, I went to work daily with the intention of having to go because of a committment that I made to a boss. I realize now that if I only changed my perspective of going to work as a committment to myself, I would have been more fullfilled in the end.
How long does fullfillment really last when your initial intention is "to do"  or "please" someone else?

I wake up every day knowing that I work for me and that every thing I do or say is a reflection of me and who I am. In turn this evolves my business and the motivation to report to me remains strong because I work for me. Would I have felt fullfilled having set the intention to go to work for "me" when I was employed by another?
Y'know just shifting a perspective can change alot!

Who do you go to work for? Do you do your work for you?

Be well :)
T

No comments:

Post a Comment