Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Multi-tasking

I remember sitting in a careers class at Brother Andre CHS and the teacher gave us a resume assignment. My mother had great experience hiring people and so I asked her for some help creating a resume. My strengths were listed as being punctual, a team player, and a great multi-tasker. So for the last 8 years I have been working on the multi-tasking skill and I have mastered it. Now in saying that, my body, mind and spirit has suffered greatly from multi-tasking. Multi-tasking is divided attention and when you multi-task ALL DAY LONG, you are never focused. So how can you achieve the things you want with great quality, if you're never really focused on it? On my current resume, one of my weaknesses are multi-tasking. My meditation practice has helped me with stilling my mind, clarity in my speech and focusing. My lesson is that  multi-tasking is no strength, it is my weakness (just as chocolate is) and without beating myself up over it, I'm grateful to be aware and I choose to do the things that assist me in focusing.
Focus on what you're doing and be IN JOY in the moment. Remembering that this moment is your gift.

BE IN JOY :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment